Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
LivinginKata

Why is Fox News not available on Karon cable.

Recommended Posts

madmax2    430

Rawai cable, which i think is the same as Karon cable now have

BBC, Bloomberg, Asia news, Al Jazeera, i 24, Euronews and CGTN (chinese)

Plenty of US news and Trump Ostentatiousness on those channels without the propaganda of fox news  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LivinginKata    7,127
15 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Ditto re. i24 - Israeli news channel. I'm cancelling Rawai cable. Now streaming FNC on Youtube on a spare PC - should've done it years ago and saved 250 Baht/month!

 

Nice to know so many people watched it, liked it and miss it. I make no comments about MSNBC, CNN or BBC.

 

Edit: Added bonus on Youtube - no more of those stupid Fox Extra items: eg. Dr Manny, people with big hats singing badly, and adverts for a Tutankhamen exhibition that state at the very end:  "Open until May 2016".

 

I have been streaming FNC and forced to waste my time with the 4 minute ad spots.

 

Just tried YouTube Fox. At first I thought wonderful - then I realised they only had a limited number of clips for a one hour show. Sometimes only 2 when the show had 6 segments. Also there is no time stamp to know when the clip was recorded in real time, only downloaded time.

 

In summary - Utube does not work for me.

Edited by LivinginKata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pagallim    469

With Pulse TV, amongst the general TV programmes I get live Sky News, BBC News (note, as well as BBC World), ABC News, CNN International, Fox News, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, Euronews (French).   I know it's not solving your problem with cable, but as an alternative it's pretty hard to beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LivinginKata    7,127
7 minutes ago, pagallim said:

With Pulse TV, amongst the general TV programmes I get live Sky News, BBC News (note, as well as BBC World), ABC News, CNN International, Fox News, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, Euronews (French).   I know it's not solving your problem with cable, but as an alternative it's pretty hard to beat.

 

So you get Fox News ? Need to google Pulse TV as I never heard of that. Do you pay a month subcription. Internet driven. Or dish ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pagallim    469
Just now, LivinginKata said:

 

So you get Fox News ? Need to google Pulse TV as I never heard of that. Do you pay a month subcription. Internet driven. Or dish ?

Internet driven (this is their 'support' page which you can use the drop down menus to get pricing and further info:   https://pulse-tv.net/support/#_faq

 

I have just renewed my 1 year subscription (10,000 baht) and am more than happy with their service.   Their support is very good (bottom right hand corner of the link I've attached is a 'chat' box that operates during normal working hours).   You also get 4 connections, for example with the set top box which I have on my TV, my computer (via their App), and my phone (again via their App).   One spare for?   I know you're a fan of F1, and Sky's F1 channel is included, as well as all the other sports and core UK channels etc.

 

They are not a Thai company, and don't have servers in Thailand (unlike Expat TV which was shut down).   You need a decent download speed, and an ISP that doesn't 'throttle' international connections (I have AIS Fibre, and they don't).   You can also watch any programme up to 24 hours after it's aired.   

 

I've recommended their system to a few people, and all are more than happy.   Other than being a satisfied customer, I have no affiliation with Pulse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LivinginKata    7,127
6 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

 

I have been streaming FNC and forced to waste my time with the 4 minute ad spots.

 

Just tried YouTube Fox. At first I thought wonderful - then I realised they only had a limited number of clips for a one hour show. Sometimes only 2 when the show had 6 segments. Also there is no time stamp to know when the clip was recorded in real time, only downloaded time.

 

In summary - Utube does not work for me.

 

I might be retracting the above, I see if I select videos rather than individual programes   then I get many more clips  of recent live Fox TV. Still a work in progress for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JetsetBkk    7,956
40 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

 

I might be retracting the above, I see if I select videos rather than individual programes   then I get many more clips  of recent live Fox TV. Still a work in progress for me.

Which link are you using? I go to this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N-jDl8365w

 

The times displayed on screen when people are reporting from various locations, e.g. Pacific or Eastern time, match the current time.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LivinginKata    7,127
1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Which link are you using? I go to this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N-jDl8365w

 

The times displayed on screen when people are reporting from various locations, e.g. Pacific or Eastern time, match the current time.

 

 

Excellent - that's what I want - 4 hour buffer - thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chercheur888    81
8 hours ago, pagallim said:

With Pulse TV, amongst the general TV programmes I get live Sky News, BBC News (note, as well as BBC World), ABC News, CNN International, Fox News, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, Euronews (French).   I know it's not solving your problem with cable, but as an alternative it's pretty hard to beat.

Wow you are getting ABC News on Pulse? The only thing I get is webcams, from the WH, some Ranch, some Capitols and the screen that it is ABC News streaming.

Have indicated that to them many many times but still the same crap. Maybe some people like that, for me total waste

As I am writing, I get only the webcam of the Donald Mansion in DC, at least I can see that the weather is good in DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 19 August 2017 03:04
Sponsors
×