Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

Seven upper southern provinces placed under maximum alert

tryasimight    274
2 hours ago, connda said:

Or maybe nothing happens.  And even if they do, the odds of you being the victim of a 'terrorist' attack are astronomical.  Your odds of getting killed on Thai roads are magnitudes greater.

I refuse - absolutely refuse - to cower to terrorism.  

Don't let the lack of a work permit stop you going South and helping out! I'm sure bomb disposal has a few vacancies.

craigt3365    17,325
2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Keep 'em scared, keep em docile.

Or, perhaps they know something we don't and are just trying to protect the public? 

wandasloan    623

To be accurate...

Prachuap Khiri Khan is not in the South. The South is from Chumphon to Malaysia, and includes the other six provinces named in the OP,  but Prachuap is actually part of the Central region.

There is no martial law in Thailand. The three and a half southernmost provinces (half of Songkhla) are under Thaksin's six-month special emergency act which has been renewed every six months by every government since Thaksin. It's a pretty onerous act, but there are differences with martial law.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

Or maybe nothing happens.  And even if they do, the odds of you being the victim of a 'terrorist' attack are astronomical.  Your odds of getting killed on Thai roads are magnitudes greater.

I refuse - absolutely refuse - to cower to terrorism.  

Yes, well its ok to refuse - absolutely refuse - to cower to terrorism, whilst the odds against you being a victim remain 'astromomical'.. different scenario if black-clad guys turn up in front of you, or anyone else, with semi-automatics and/ or suicide-bomb vests!!! :ph34r::wai:

Edited by spectrumisgreen
  • Like 1

johnarth    31
8 hours ago, Goanna said:

What a wonderful influence is islam. So many too scared to mention it, so the murders just continue.

quote of the day exactly, what worries  me their numbers of adults are growing in large numbers still we lucky when all hell brakes loose we can jump on a plane