Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

Govt sends unclear signal on US missiles

tandor    290
6 hours ago, BasalBanality said:

So, who's misrepresenting the situation?

...i think they got mixed up with 'unclear' and 'nuclear'..only one letter transposed makes a lot of difference.

ChrisY1    7,489

$5 million each..a lot of money if someone inadvertently presses the button.

The US has confirmed Thailand has asked for them...and the dolts here deny anything is happening !

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

denied having purchased new missiles from the United States

AliExpress are much more economical.

wakeupplease    1,643

Answer

Just get a few more generals and there are a sheadload of them, to put more pressure on farang owned companies for protection money and they will be paid for

easy when you know how

Tesco lotus and honda have a few quid

• Like 1

wakeupplease    1,643
7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Why does Thailand need missiles?

One would think that under the current climate, the main enemy is the horrible farang, his money, his leasehold of the pool villa, carrying a  METV visa and who dares to enter the kingdom more then x times a year!!!

To keep YL supporters scared I expect

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

if you look up the missle on Wikipedia the cost of the missle actually IS $1.2 million.

However that is only the cost of the missle itself. It does NOT cover the launcher, the cost of the retrofit on the ship itself nor anything else.

The proposed purchase, it said, included containers, spare parts, support and test equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment. 

All of the above will be needed to make the system work and none of the above come free.

Sorry wanderluster but you didn't do your homework as I did.

It is not getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar but not stating the FULL cost of the system and not just the missile itself which on its own without the rest of the equipment, spares, manuals, training etc it is just a lump of very expensive metal.

It is great that we have staunch junta supporters such as yourself to set us right on the actual procurement costs of these weapons. 

maxpower    511
11 hours ago, billd766 said:

if you look up the missle on Wikipedia the cost of the missle actually IS $1.2 million.

However that is only the cost of the missle itself. It does NOT cover the launcher, the cost of the retrofit on the ship itself nor anything else.

The proposed purchase, it said, included containers, spare parts, support and test equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment. 

All of the above will be needed to make the system work and none of the above come free.

Sorry wanderluster but you didn't do your homework as I did.

It is not getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar but not stating the FULL cost of the system and not just the missile itself which on its own without the rest of the equipment, spares, manuals, training etc it is just a lump of very expensive metal.

So it's not like I could just tape one to my Toyota Yaris and press launch. Bummer.

billd766    9,780
11 hours ago, maxpower said:

So it's not like I could just tape one to my Toyota Yaris and press launch. Bummer.

I supose that you could and then light the blue touch paper.

It would increase both the 0-100 kph acceleration time and the top speed my put you in the Guiness book of records.

I am not sure that I would like to be in the car if it hits something solid though.