Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

200 more immigration officials deployed at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports

1 hour ago, leeneeds said:

Mostly I look for a lady in the booths as they are,  in my opinion are so much more efficient,

I always look for ladyboys......they are even more efficient  when they have boots on ........

• Like 1

Left Singapore yesterday using just a thumb print and quick scan of the passport. Less than 1 minute. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I do too, they seem to have less attitude too.

Yet they are probably the one who are most likely to scrutinize tourists and reject entry.

Every time I hear someone on TV getting refused entry, it's almost always a female officer.

1 hour ago, leeneeds said:

Mostly I look for a lady in the booths as they are,  in my opinion are so much more efficient,

Great idea when you are close enough to see the counter.

Not always an option unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

200 more immigration officials deployed at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports

I presume 190 of them holding buckets !

2 hours ago, nev said:

So their is 200 being dragged away from immigration's up and down the country so expect long delays renewing you visa's and doing extensions.

I sincerely hope they have not subtracted staff from Chiang Mai International airport.

The waiting area is not all that large, and when three aircraft arrive simultaneously from overseas, it is total bedlam!

The Immigration officer who donned a pair of industrial ear guards had the right idea.

Did the news reported wrongly? Are they really trained immigration officials or the Air Force personnels deployed in accordance to the beloved Prime Minister's order?

I have a one year extension due to retirement on my visa and a re-entry permit, can't they let me re-enter via the Thai side automatic door for expediency?

2 hours ago, leeneeds said:

I'm always looking for a ladyboy in the booths as they have always given great service ...  imo. 

Oh great....  You have just added 200 people who thought they had paid their dues and were no longer required to work in a place that most immigration officers would like to avoid.... the airports in a congested boonie area.... 

Basically, you just added 200 disgruntled officers who will either take it out on tourists -- or try and make it pay 

Have a nice nap in the detention area :shock1:

• Like 1