Jump to content
Thailand Forum
webfact

Aussie father and son electrocuted to death in Rayong

Recommended Posts

davethailand    526
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, saakura said:

What he said??:saai:

I'm still trying to work it out.  :smile:

Edited by davethailand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jorj44    5
Posted (edited)

I don't want to be seen as insensitive, or a pedant, but I do want to be of assistance to the sub-editor.

 

The word "electrocution" was coined at the time of the adoption of the electric chair and is a contraction of the words electric execution.

 

The sub-editors' scourge is the tautology, and look what he has gone and done.

Edited by jorj44
spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davethailand    526
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jorj44 said:

I don't want to be seen as insensitive, or a pedant, but I do want to be of assistance to the sub-editor.

 

The word "electrocution" was coined at the time of the adoption of the electric chair and is a contraction of the words electric execution.

 

There sub-editors' scourge is the tautology, and look what he has gone and done.

blimey, time and a place!  :sad:

Edited by davethailand
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fdch    50
2 hours ago, strawpanda said:

Always have a professionally installed RCD to protect the whole system.

 

yes and before installing this always check your grounding in thailand, where we use a 15 foot copper bar and 4 sq wire  they use 3 fth bar and 1sq at the most

adding the lowest fuse used mostly is 35 ah yep u can get fried easily

o by the way what is the word for professional in thailand ? i gues something like,,specialist in  wrapping black tape first class!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MW72    582
Posted (edited)

I doubt this will be investigated and if it is we probably won't hear the outcome but it would be interesting to find out. The son was apparently found still gripping the iron gate which would lead you to suspect that it was the gate that passed the current to the son. How the gate became charged I would like to know.

 

 

Edited by MW72
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davethailand    526
2 minutes ago, MW72 said:

I doubt this will be investigate and if it is we probably won't hear the outcome but it would be interesting to find out. The son was apparently found still gripping the iron gate which would lead you to suspect that it was the gate that passed the current to the son. How the gate became charged I would like to know.

 

 

In a puddle?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MW72    582
4 minutes ago, davethailand said:

In a puddle?

 

Seems like it. I should have read the full article at the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
decca60    24

Everybody can make wrong decisions but here it appears this gentleman made a cumulation of wrong ones :

 

* went visibly into a place where there is a main electrical problem and wet conditions without having the necessary knowledge to fix it

* did not correctly protect/isolate himself before acting

*did not cut off power correctly before putting his hands in

*was with a  child into this dangerous area

* was probably not using isolated tools to work on this

And eventualy more deadly decisions.....

 

Sad  consequences . So sad

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NanLaew    8,225
34 minutes ago, MW72 said:

I doubt this will be investigated and if it is we probably won't hear the outcome but it would be interesting to find out. The son was apparently found still gripping the iron gate which would lead you to suspect that it was the gate that passed the current to the son. How the gate became charged I would like to know.

 

 

The gate was grounded, like the pump should have been.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soalbundy    7,030
1 hour ago, clifric said:

I had a friend electrocuted in similar circumstances. Luckily for him he survived. Recommend fit SAFE-T-CUT to all distribution boards.

recommend turn of the mains switch first, simple. If he was Thai everyone would be saying typical stupid Thai.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CanuckThai    23

RIP to both.

 

220 can give you a hell of a "lifter", but I haven't heard of it "taking out" 2 people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 22 September 2017 06:07
Sponsors
×