Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Aussie father and son electrocuted to death in Rayong

Aussie father and son electrocuted to death in Rayong

By Thai PBS

rayong2-768x432.jpg

RAYONG: -- A 66-year-old Australian man and his 10-year-old son were electrocuted while trying to fix a water pump at a small  swimming pool inside their home in a housing estate in Muang district of Rayong province.

The father was identified as Mr Andrew Fenwick, and his son Jason Krailop Fenwick born by his Thai wife Somrudi Krailob Fenwick, 41.

According to Pol Capt Kaweewuth Boonruang, deputy investigation inspector at Rayong Muang police station, the 8×6×1.5  metre swimming pool is on the front part of the single home while the water pump is inside a storage room near the front gate.

The bodies of the father and son were found near the pump. The father lied dead at the pump with his right hand still holding a wrench while his son lying dead with his left hand clinging to the iron gate.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/aussie-father-son-electrocuted-death-rayong/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-15
  • Sad 2

So sad. There's just no second chances when it comes to playing with electricity. RIP. Thoughts are with the family.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Very sad, In my old house in Pattaya, I put in quite a few new sockets and lights etc and also had a few buzzes in the past doing so.

Just after moving in I said to my wife that I was going change the wiring and put in a fuse board as there was only one main breaker, after looking in the loft at the wiring I decided against it, It was all over the place but working. In the end I put a better breaker in and also separate breakers on the outside/ metal stuff plus earth rods.

RIP to the family. :sad:

Edited by davethailand