Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Mother of murdered German in Samui gives up hope of ever getting justice

On 9/6/2017 at 1:52 PM, carmine said:

he public servants working in the British Embassy do to the UK citizens they are supposed to be working for,

I cannot understand why people think their embassy is either a police station, the Ombudsman or social services. The do no work for UK citizens directly. They work for the UK government and their primary role is communication between governments, promotion of UK trade relations, and the like.

Sure they ,used to, issue passports but that has now been outsourced.

I'm sure if any question put to them is concise and within their mandate they would be more than helpful, Births, deaths and marriages sort of thing. 

But lets not forget that many of the employees are local hire!

Edited by VocalNeal

4 hours ago, TheLobster said:

I wouldn't say so, I perfectly understand 'we can't help'.

It wasn't me that contacted the British Embassy in Bangkok, it was a family member and they were appalled by the treatment they received.

Spend all your time on here baiting members do you?

No, I just find it a bit annoying that quite a few of your posts contain the word "<deleted>"  implying that you would rather be using expletives than proper English.((In fact, your last 2 posts).

My old school teacher used to say that swearing all the time only shows a lack of knowledge of sufficient adjectives to emphasise your point - I think  HE had a point!

Edited by sambum

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I cannot understand why people think their embassy is either a police station, the Ombudsman or social services. The do no work for UK citizens directly. They work for the UK government and their primary role is communication between governments, promotion of UK trade relations, and the like.

Sure they ,used to, issue passports but that has now been outsourced.

I'm sure if any question put to them is concise and within their mandate they would be more than helpful, Births, deaths and marriages sort of thing. 

But lets not forget that many of the employees are local hire!

A point that I have made before is that they work for the British Government, and as such they are employed by them. Consequently I believe that the cost of the Embassy providing the services that you mention above should be paid for by the British Government

1 hour ago, sambum said:

No, I just find it a bit annoying that quite a few of your posts contain the word "<deleted>"  implying that you would rather be using expletives than proper English.((In fact, your last 2 posts).

My old school teacher used to say that swearing all the time only shows a lack of knowledge of sufficient adjectives to emphasise your point - I think  HE had a point!

On that note i wish you would stop waffling on about other posters grammar and actually respond to something posted.

• Like 2

As this thread has gone off topic about the services of the UK embassy it's :mfr_closed1:

• Like 1